Are you wondering if you should choose Memberpress or Teachable for your next course or Membership site? In this article, we have done a detailed comparison between Teachable and Memberpress, their features, their offerings so that you can take an informed decision on which one is a good fit as per your requirements
There are several ways to sell your courses online. We have shared some of the ways below
- You can be an instructor on a third party website
- You can do 1-on-1 coaching and teach people about the subject that you have expertise in.
- You can turn your expertise into the form of a Membership website and have monthly or quarterly or annual subscriptions
Depending on the goal you wish to achieve you can choose one of the above-mentioned ways. In case you want to create your own course or membership site then you can make use of LMS (Learning management systems).
A Learning management system helps you create, sell online courses and membership sites.
If you want to sell courses or create a membership website it is important to choose an LMS system that fulfills your requirements. You wouldn’t want to choose an LMS system only to realize that it doesn’t offer the features that you were looking for. You should choose a platform that offers flexibility, gives you the options to create engaging lessons, have flexible options to accept payments etc.
Learning management systems vary in features but have certain functionalities in common.
- Registration feature – Students can register to the course or membership website
- Progress tracking – You can track the progress of how many modules the particular student has completed.
- Functionality to create modules, sections – You as a course creator or a membership site owner can create modules, sections, or lessons.
- Payment Integration – These LMS systems provide payment integration support so that you can accept payments and turn your course or membership site into a revenue-generating stream
- Content-restriction – You can restrict access to a particular module, section or lesson based on the subscription. Restricting or locking your content is a great way to get higher revenue.
Some of the popular examples of learning management systems are Memberpress, Teachable, Thinkific, and many more. Depending on your requirements you can choose the LMS platform you want.
In this article, we will compare Memberpress and Teachable which are two of the most popular LMS. We will compare these platforms based on their features, ease of use, pricing, support services, and pricing.
Memberpress Vs Teachable – Which one should you choose?
We will start with Teachable and have a look at its features, ease of use, pricing, and few other pointers.
- Teachable is a platform that allows you to create and upload online courses and have unlimited number of students and courses.
- Branding : You can create your own branding while creating courses or membership websites on Teachable
- Upload resources – You can create individual lessons (as many as you want) inside your main course. Teachable also allows to upload resources like videos, PDFs, audio files and much more.
- Create customized certificates of completion – You can create quizzes and certificates for students who have have enrolled into your membership site or course and have successfully completed it. The students who have completed the course would definitely share it on Social media channels like Facebook profile, LinkedIn, or Twitter. What this will do is help your course reach out to a wider audience who would then check out your course out of curiosity.
Let’s have a look at some of the other features of Teachable
Teachable allows you to integrate with form and survey tools so that you can collect feedback from students and aim at making your course a better one
You can link your custom domain to Teachable
Sales tracking – You can keep a track of the number of sales made for your course or membership website. You can keep a track of these stats right inside your dashboard.
Scheduling and Calendar integration – Teachable allows you to schedule your classes or lessons in case you want to make use of this feature. Your students can then sync up with their Google calendar
Create an affiliate program of your own – Teachable allows you to create an affiliate program of your own and accepts payments from over 130+ countries which includes Paypal payments
Email Marketing functionality – Every Teachable plan offers in-built email marketing functionality
Wider reach – Teachable also promotes the courses of it’s members on their website which is definitely a huge added bonus.
Multiple team members or instructors – Teachable allows you to have multiple team members or instructors
All in all, if you are looking for a solution to sell your courses online then Teachable can be a good fit for you.
Let’s have a look at Memberpress and it’s features
Memberpress is a bit different from other types of LMS systems. Memberpress courses offer addons that you can use to transform any WordPress website into a learning portal.
Memberpress is one of the most popular WordPress plugin for creating courses and membership websites. You can create a curriculum as per your wish by making use of the WordPress editor
- Restrict content on your Membership website – Let’s assume you wish to restrict some content on your membership website from people who haven’t paid for the subscription. Memberpress allows you to restrict content based on the subscription model your students have chosen. this way your content would be visible to only students or members who have actually paid for the subscription. This is a great way to boost sales and revenue
- Styling content – You can style the content, lessons of your membership website by making use of the variety of styling options available at your fingertips
- Track the Progress – You can basically keep a track of the number of lessons or modules your students have completed.
- Leverage the benefits of WordPress – Because you are building LMS in WordPress you get all the benefits that come along with WordPress which is the most popular content management system. You get access to a wide range of WordPress themes, plugins, you can also create your custom code if you have requirements of that sort.
If you feel the other LMS systems are restricted in nature then you should definitely try out Memberpress as they offer a variety of options and flexibility which might be missing from the other LMS systems.
Teachable costs $348 per year whereas Memberpress costs $149 per year for their basic plan.
So what are you waiting for? Get any plan of Memberpress that suits your requirement and create engaging lessons for your courses and membership website using Memberpress courses and collect payments from all over the world and grow your sales and revenue.